Sunday, June 3, 2012

My new Lego sewing machine!

Hey guys! How do you like my new sewing machine? :D

Thanks to Carrie, from Such Designs, and her brilliant idea and tutorial, I have an adorable, miniature LEGO sewing machine. You really need to go check hers out, it's much better than mine! She modeled hers after a Bernina Activa.

I don't have any kids, but lucky for me (and our future kids!) my fiance saved all of his Legos from when he was a kid. He has two huge boxes of them stored in the closet of our guest room. I played with Legos here and there when I was a kid, but I was more of a Polly Pocket girl myself. And come to think of it, a waffle blocks girl, too. Do you remember those things? Do they still make them? I played with those waffle blocks until an age I am too embarrassed to admit! LOL.

Anyhow, I put on Pandora, dumped out the boxes of Legos and started sorting through the pieces... and I had so much fun!

I didn't have everything from the tutorial, but I had enough to make it work. Not all of the buttons and gizmos on my machine make sense exactly... (What is that clear blue window supposed to be? I have no clue, lol! Looks like a water tank) but you get the idea?



 It's the perfect size for my ironing fairies and my cutting elves! :P

I have a special spot for this guy on my window sill in front of my sewing machine. It makes me happy every time I look at it! Thanks again, Carrie!

Thanks for visiting, hope you guys are having a great weekend!

I'm joining Karen's Sew Many Ways party, if you are stopping by for the first time - welcome! :) 

10 comments:

  1. My son made one for me last month some time! Did you see it? The clear blue is supposed to be a computer screen, I think. Yours is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it. Thanks for sharing. I really love the blue screen/water tank! Maybe sewing machines should have built-in water dispensers so we don't have to leave the room for food and drink. LOL. I love that each version is totally unique. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Nice touch with the bit of fabric under the pick axe... er, presser foot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I LOVE this. It is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clear blue window is the screen where you see what stitch you're using!! This is too cool for words and I NEED one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carrie, that's quite a machine. Hope you're using it for your latest projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I visit every commenter's blog! <3